Real estate investment career (NY)
The Long Island Real Estate Investor Association (LIREIA) is an organization which is committed to supporting its members throughout their real estate investment career. We do so by providing the resources and quality education which are necessary to help members develop their skills in the field.
OUR FOUR CORE PRINCIPLES ARE:
- Quality education delivered by seasoned real estate professionals
- Multiple networking opportunities
- Interaction with professionals such as attorneys, CPAs, realtors, title companies, etc.
- Opportunities to invest in real estate transactions
Our mentoring programs aim at helping our members to rise in their professional as well as personal life. We believe that people learn and thrive through interaction, opportunities and challenges. This is what we offer in our monthly General Meetings whereby we seek active participation from our guests and members. They are required to work together to discuss real deals, find solutions to challenges as well as talk about changes and trends in the real estate market. As such, the monthly events become rich and beneficial learning experiences for those wishing to join the field.
Melissa J. Shea purchased her first business, Everyday Travel, in October 1996 when she was only 22 years old. Since then, Melissa never looked back. She has founded several small businesses, including Shea Investments Inc., a real estate investment company. And today, she is the President of the Long Island Real Estate Investor Association (LIREIA).
Together with her business partners, Melissa has acquired over 300 units and she has personally handled over 200 real estate deals since May 2004. Her acquisitions include an 80 unit complex in New Albany, MS and over 200 multifamily units and 60 single family houses in the Birmingham, AL region. Melissa has also structured more than 20 different estate/mortgage notes that allow investors to get 7-14% earnings on their investments.
Get inspired by our dynamic president and join us to become a winner in the real estate market too. Don't delay to sign up for our next general meeting if you want to join the field.
You can be successful too. If you need some more inspiration and guidance we recommend the following books:
- Think and Grow Rich – Greg Habstritt & Napoleon Hill
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It – Michael Gerber
Check out our LIREIA LIBRARY on the Properties and Resources page for links to our recommended books.
Feel free to contact us for more detail, we will be glad to assist you.
The Long Island Real Estate Investor Association Core Values are the fundamental beliefs we have as individuals and the way we choose to conduct our business practices.
- Create a GREAT experience through service
- Pursue personal growth and learning
- Express Gratitude daily
- Be Passionate and Determined
- Embrace, support and drive Change
- Be open minded, take risks and use your creativity
- Be honest in all communications and transactions
- Resolve any potential conflicts and broken agreements immediately
- Smile, and enjoy a sense of humor
- Focus on the task at hand and enjoy the moment with a view for the future
- Cultivate and treasure relationships, remembering to pay it forward
- Build a positive team united by family spirit